Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back to Your Roots Charrette Drawings: 2 Artifacts


These are the two artifacts that inspired my drawings in the charrette.  I selected the photo as inspiration because it is a photo of my Mother and me at the Summer Palace in Beijing in April 2008.  My Mother is my role model and mentor.  She is one of the few people in my personal life that truly understands why I went back to school and listens when I talk about my projects.  She was also very supportive and understanding when I decided to undertake a major change in my life by returning to college at age 39-ish.  Also, since I began my student career in IAR in 2005, I have had the unexpected privilege of traveling to Australia, New Zealand, China and the UK.  The travel was an exceedingly valuable experience that has broadened my view of the world.  

The reason I chose Designing the 21st Century by Charlotte and Gary Fiell as an inspiration is my interest in product design.  Over the last few years, I have taken Evolution of Furniture and Contemporary Trends in Product Design in addition to Patrick's History of Architecture and Design courses.  The knowledge I have gained will continue to be a resource to draw on has I explore my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment